Tuesday, September 30, 2025

DISTRACTED

 Have you ever felt like you are extremely distracted by the world? Have you ever felt like you wake up and live the day only to go home and go to bed for the next day? There are so many times that I wake up and begin the day and end it thinking, "what did I actually do for the Kingdom today?"

It is SO easy to get distracted by worldly things and be drawn into the busyness that, many times, has zero eternal value. I don't desire to fall into those days or into those traps of the enemy. Traps that cause me to feel disappointed in my actions or lack of motivation or service for the Lord. Traps that lead to regret or shame or frustration. 

Lord, help me to honor you with my life each new day that you give me life. I pray for my heart AND mind to be sold out and completely devoted to you. I pray for my fears, my insecurities, my selfish ways, my stubborn pride to flea. I pray that I am able to take EVERY thought captive and hold up to Your Word. Teach my thy ways, Oh Lord. Lead me and direct me in the right paths. Place barriers and road blocks and accountability in the ways that lead to me living in disobedience. Help me to ALWAYS see truth and the ways out of situations that cause me fall. I pray for a deep hunger and yearning for more of you in my life. I pray that my eyes will remain fixed on you. 

Help me Lord to be the man you've created me to be. I pray that I may be the husband that my wife needs. I pray that I love her, support her, lead her, encourage her in all the ways you see best. I pray that I can be the Dad to my children that they need. Help me to love them, care for them, guide them, encourage them, redirect and discipline them as you see best. 

Lead me through this day Lord and help my eyes, my mind, my heart to not be distracted!

No comments:

Post a Comment